Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Tired...yet Thankful

I still only have one follower but that is OK.  She is one of my most favorite people in the world ;) love you sweetie.

Today and the last few days have worn this mom out.  Busy, busy, busy...  Today I remembered the value of friendship.  I spent most of the day at the courthouse with my best friend as she was going through a personal very hard day.  But amongst this very hard day was family...three generations of moms and sons and daughters and sisters and brothers and grandchildren. 

It reminded me that no matter what when you have the love of family you have a remarkable gift and a remarkable responsibility. 

Because I was at the courthouse I was not home to do my normal momming things.  Thank goodness I have a remarkable DH and GK and BR who all held down the fort and began the Thanksgiving preparations.  DH made a red velvet cheesecake that I will be sharing the recipe for after we get a taste of it.  GK made 4 pies which I will also share recipes for after we also taste them.  I did get pics though :D  Also I noticed tonight that all the veggies were chopped for the stuffing and the cornbread prepared for BR's sweeties cornbread.  We want all of our thanksgiving guests to feel welcome and to feel that they have a part of their traditional Thanksgiving at our table.  When BR invited his sweetie to Thanksgiving last year we told her to bring a family recipe or two and we would incorporate it into our celebration.  She brought her grandmother's cornbread stuffing recipe and it was delicious and the kids are looking forward to having it with our traditional bread stuffing at our table again this year.  We love our traditional foods but we also love trying new things.  This year our new things are the red velvet cheesecake and a pear pie...YUM!!  We are also cooking our turkey on DH's new Green Egg. 

So I want to post this tonight and am excited to share these things with you over the next few days.   I am so thankful for being a mom and a wife and a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment