Friday, November 18, 2011

Fall Wreaths from Dollar Store items

Hi all,
I am so excited about this post. I was at the a dollar store during the first weeks of fall and they had such pretty things I got very excited and inspired about putting together wreaths from items only from the dollar store.  We did not have that many decorations that were simply Fall or Thanksgiving and not Halloween.  I thought some pretty wreaths would be just the touch.  I spent about $24 in supplies including the grapevine wreaths, flowers, leaves, tiny gourds, larger gourds and pumpkins and a bag of colored natural elements.  So far I have made two large grapevine wreaths and two small wreaths and have two medium size ones left to craft.  I decided to share the completed ones with you now and hope it gives you as much inspiration as the elements in the store did me.
The store had several different colors and sizes of sunflowers and so that was my first inspiration.  I have to admit I did not get the wide ribbon from the dollar store.  They only had narrow ribbon so I picked up some wider ribbon at a craft store for 50% off.  Here is the Sunflower wreath.


I love the fall leaves and the variation of colors.  Also this store had a couple of different types of artificial leaves.  The two small wreaths were done in leaves and ribbon and flowers.  They are tiny grapevines but I think the results were awesome.  Both very different.  ;) maybe that is because GK made one of them.

What do you think?  I love them both :D

Lastly, I saw this Pumpkin Patch sign and knew I could do something with it.  It fit right across the large grapevine and I used the tiny gourds and the colored natural elements and some artificial grass to create this beauty.

We had so much fun creating these new fall decorations for our home.  It was also lots of fun working with my daughter and seeing her creativity.  Momming adult kids is so awesome and we do have so much fun together.  Also just to let you know of that $24 of material I definitely have tons left.  Probably enough to do 4 more wreaths.  It was a great investment.  I think next year they will make some nice gifts too. I will let you know if I get any more wreaths done for Fall but I am now thinking with Christmas on the way and the snow falling in Colorado I am probably more likely to do Winter/Christmas decorations next.

Have an awesome weekend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment