Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Why am I here?

I guess the time has come.  I have been contemplating a blog for a long time now.  But who would read it?  And what would I say?  And do I care?  I guess I found the answer in the third question.  I really don’t care whether I become popular or well-read or a huge member of the blogging world.  Now, don’t get me wrong all of that would be fabulous but for me it is about me recording what I am doing and sharing that with my family and maybe, hopefully helping some other fabulous mom along the way.
Why “Fabulous Momming at 50”?  Well first let me say I am almost 50 and still getting used to that idea, but I plan on doing this for a while so, 50 it is.   I think I coined the word Momming.  And this word is huge because it encompasses a lot.  Whether you are employed outside your home or inside your home, if you have children you are Momming and all moms know that we mom 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.  We are always Momming in our brains, if nothing else.  You are searching the internet for ideas, you are reading books, you are talking to other moms and you are taking classes.  You are doing all of this so that you can be the very best mom ever!!!  And you do it for no monetary reward.  You do it all for the times you hear, “thanks mom” or with a mouthful of food “wow, this is really good” or for the late night phone call from an adult daughter who says with tears in her voice, “I just needed to talk to my mommy”.  That is why I do it!!
I want to share with you how I do it.  I will get to that in the days to come.  But let me talk about my Momming for a minute.  I am a mom in several ways.  I have 3 biological (bio) children.  They are:  BR – 26, GS – 23, GK – 20 (initials used to protect the innocent LOL, the first initial is B for boy and G for Girl and the second initial is from their name, numbers following are their ages).  I have three bonus children from my husband’s first marriage, they are:  GSa: 16, GC – 14, BF – 12.  And I am also a foster parent and right now we have one foster child and he is BC – 15.  So yes that is 7 children between the ages of 12 and 26.  And I love every minute of it.  The three bonus children do not live with us full-time but they are here often.  Two of my three bio kids live with us full-time and are full-time college students.  The foster child of course lives with us and my other bio daughter is in South Korea.
So now you know a little about me and why I am writing this blog.  I hope if I get readers who don’t know me personally that I will come to know many of you through this blog and our sharing of ideas and thoughts and hopes and dreams for our Momming experience.  And I am off…rather like a herd of turtles but here goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment