Thursday, November 17, 2011

More you should know about me

Since I only have one follower this might not be pertinent at all but there are just a couple of things you should know about me and my momming. Oh and sadly I realized today that I did not coin the word momming. While doing a search on Google I found the word used by several fabulous moms and in several blogs. So...I did not coin the word but I still think it is a fabulous word and it describes well what we moms do every day.
So the first thing you should know about me is that I am not fancy. I am real and a bit plain and will give you real honest information and in plain language, with plain ingredients and will use and share ideas with you using normal fabrics and craft supplies.  There are plenty of blogs and moms who use top of the line and that is so wonderful for them.  However in our house we are not trying to keep up with anyone including the Jones’s and we love to find a bargain, create from what we have, save money and stretch what we have.  So, on this blog you will find the normal and every day.  You can make beauty from the normal and every day and that is what I try to do.

Next thing you should know is that this blog is as much for me as for anyone.  I will share a little of this and a little of that and it won’t be all of one thing or another.  I will share the things I love and the things I do every day.  Some of my loves include…well first of all my family but after that…Good food and drink, crocheting, crafting, sewing, fairies and fairy gardens and houses, stuffed animals (right now I have an unhealthy obsession with Pillow Pets), gardening, my hot tub, feeding the birds in my back yard, saving money, making things from other things, rescuing objects and using them in something beautiful, my dogs and cat, my front deck, the mountains where I live, rain and snow, Kewpie dolls, Troll dolls, ladybugs, mushrooms and toadstools, dragonflies, and flowers.  Whew!!  And I know that is not all.  I hope as you follow that you will share with me the things you love too and if you have any questions I can answer please let me know.  All of these loves don’t make me crazy then just make me well-rounded :D

You should also know that I have been momming for a very long time.  I am the oldest of 10 children and was a foster parent for several years in the 1990s and now again.  I am the Aunt to over 50 nieces and nephews and of course we have 7 children now.  I love children and love teens and love being a mom and an aunt and a friend.  I have a girlfriend now who is expecting a baby any minute and I just can’t wait.  And the day I have grandchildren…well that will be a wonderful magical day.

So that is all I wanted you to know today.  Have a wonderful Thursday tomorrow.  Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment